Rather than exporting their printers from Japan into the U.S. already packaged in retail boxes, Canon shipped them in a bulk. Upon arrival in the U.S., these were packaged into retail boxes, customized for the respective retail electronic store chains. This resulted in:
- Significant freight savings amounting to millions of dollars — enough to justify the entire decision
- Rapid customization and deployment of new packaging styles
- Significant reduction of obsolete inventory vs. traveling from the far East with long lead times
- Use of materials with which U.S. consumers were familiar and accepted
- U.S. marketing and package development in close collaboration with retail stores
New-Tech was selected as Canon’s Vendor of the Year for the work we did with them, packing printers, inks and papers.