Automate Your Packaging with New-Tech!
New-Tech works with machinery manufacturers, local service technicians and packaging professionals to ensure efficient, automated performance. We help customers automate their packaging processes to reduce labor costs, helping them select the right speed range and machine, ensuring that it pays for itself, usually in six months to a year.
View our Packaging Automation solutions at-a-glance:
Air Cushioning Systems
New-Tech can automate the process of loading void fill or cushioning into shipping cartons, instead of doing this manually.
Here are some examples:
- Make bubble on demand for cushioning as the product is loaded into the carton
- Using an overhead delivery system, make and send air pillows to multiple workstations
- Replace bulky foam inserts with custom-engineered inflatable packaging to cushion or block and brace
Carton Erectors and Closers
Manually erecting cartons is inefficient and time consuming. New-Tech automates carton erecting with highly efficient machinery with quick changeovers. We engineer the solution to match the demands of your packaging line with low, medium or high speed operation.
Once filled New-Tech supplies automatic or semi-automatic case closing and tapers to accommodate similarly sized cartons (uniform) or completely random box sizes.
Packages with sharp objects or which require void fill in small spaces can benefit from paper void fill and cushioning systems. New-Tech automates this process with machines at individual workstations and where multiple lines feed into a centralized pack out and closing area.
Loose Fill Systems
Even though loose fill foam peanuts are used much less today than in the past, they continue to be the best product for the job in some applications like packaging plants or other fragile objects with lots of protrusions. New-Tech supplies overhead loose-fill systems that deliver the EPS foam peanuts to single or multiple work stations automatically.
For businesses that ship their products in Kraft mailers, bubble mailers or foam-lined mailers, New-Tech can significantly improve productivity. Our systems create and seal the mailer around your product. This speeds and simplifies product loading creating a rapid return on investment for high volume mailer users.
New-Tech makes it easy to automatically bag or pouch your items into clear or printed bags. Automating this process is much less expensive than using Ziploc or wicketed bags. Our systems allow top loading, side loading or fully automatic using feeders.
We can automate your shrink wrapping to a style and speed that fits your products and line layout. Here are a few examples:
- From manual wrapping a next step might be an automatic L-bar Sealer like the one pictured, which allows speeds of 20-30 packages per minute.
- Higher speeds can be attained with inline side-seal machines with speeds of 60 to 100 packages per minute
- New-Tech also provides shrink tunnels, sleeve wrappers and stretch sleeve machines.
Instead of manually applying strapping to your product, cartons or pallets New-Tech can automate this process to save time and money.
Here are a few examples:
- Battery-powered and pneumatic hand tools allow plastic strapping to be applied much faster than with manual tools. This is relatively inexpensive as an entry point to automation.
- Arch strap machines help to unitize products or cartons quickly and efficiently. These can also be made large enough to strap entire pallets.
- Strap machines can also be equipped with bayonets (inserting strap through the pallet void) or with compression systems.
Instead of manually applying hand film to a pallet, you can automate this process with stretch wrap machinery to unitize your loads and contain and protect your product during shipment. There are three main styles of stretch wrappers and New-Tech supplies them all:
- The pallet can be moved into the wrap zone so that a wrap arm can move around the pallet as it applies film (pictured).
- A stretch wrapper may provide a turntable that rotates the load while the film is applied from the roll carriage as it moves up and down the mast.
- The load can move by conveyor horizontally through a wrap zone as the roll carriage orbits the load or product.
New-Tech provides service for all makes of stretch wrappers and is an authorized dealer of Wulftec stretch systems when new equipment is desirable.
Tape Machines and Dispensers
Tape machines can automate carton creation and/or carton closure. New-Tech will evaluate your operation to determine and propose the machine that is just right for your applications.
Here are some different options to consider:
- Machines can handle similar size boxes (uniform) or different sizes (random).
- They can apply pressure sensitive tape or water activated tape.
- Machines can automatically close the flaps (fully automatic) or allow the operator to close them (semi-automatic).
- They can carry your carton on a bottom belt, with side belts, or with special handling operations.
Let’s discuss how to manage your packaging Better, Faster and Cheaper. We are happy to answer any questions you might have about creative packaging design, , custom cardboard boxes, twelve point analysis to reduce packaging costs or any of our other services.
Click here and fill out our quick form and we will be sure to get back to you as soon as we can.